Because...

Because...

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer with the Stars!

Hey everyone and happy summer! I know it's been a while since I posted anything, but now that school is finally over I hope to blog almost every week. Sometimes, I'll admit, I get pretty lazy so don't take my word for it. Anyways, I've been doing some collages on paint lately and, if all goes well, I'll be posting them very soon for everyone's guilty pleasure. But for now I have something better and more relevant to the season. I figured since it was summer, why not make some summer-themed collages of some of my favorite classic actresses? So, the ending result is this:

First, I decided to make a Bette collage. The second picture is a little blurry, but the best I could find. It's actually from the movie Three on a Match(1932)in which Bette plays a small part. Doesn't she look great in th first frame?



Next collage features Vivien Leigh. This was the first collage I made and it's by far my favorite. The reason being that there are so many candid pictures of Vivien at the beach (unlike with the Bette collage which I believe were stills for some movies and extremely difficult to find). Also, the pictures were taken on different days. I love the sunglasses in the first frame! So stylish! But the second frame is one of my favorite Vivien Leigh photos. There's something about that smile- a sort of sweetness and liveliness, but then again she was always radiant.



Last, but certainley not least, Miss Joan Crawford! Now she was a toughie to find pics for. Good thing I have a lot of photos of her! I couldn't find four like I did with Vivien and Bette, so I had to settle on two. Nevertheless I think the end result is still at par with the others. In the second frame, Joan is actually on vacation visiting Miami. Whoot, whoot! I live in Miami so I was thrilled when I found the picture :)



Hope you guys like them and a happy summer to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment